A team of tutors is ready to assist you in Math, Chemistry & Physics through the Academic Success Center. Come to drop-in tutoring to ask questions of our tutors and to study with other students taking similar courses. No appointment needed!
Drop-in tutoring is available for:
- Math 107, 108, 111, 114, 121, 131, 141, 231, 241, 242
- Chemistry 100, 101, 111, 201, 220, 221, 223
- Physics 131, 205, 208, 211, 212
Fall 2023 Drop-in Hours:
Location: Academic Success Center, 2200 D. H. Hill Jr. Library
Drop-In Tutoring will Return in Fall 2023
Check back in August for our schedule
Additional Departmental Drop-In Tutoring
- Bring your course materials (textbook, notes, calculator, homework).
- Ask tutors for help after you have tried to solve the problem on your own. Be prepared to share your work with the tutor.
- Do not expect for assistance on WebAssign homework within 2 hours of when it is due since tutors can not adequately help students on assignments at the last minute.
- Uphold the University’s academic integrity policies at all time. Violations will result in losing your privilege to use ASC services.
What to Expect from Our Tutors:
- Tutors are good students who want to help you, but they are not experts and may not have all the answers right away! Please help them help you by preparing ahead of time.
- Tutors will give priority to students who are prepared with specific questions.
- Tutors will listen to your concerns, as well as offer guiding feedback and suggestions. They will not do your work for you and are not responsible for your final answer.
- Tutors will encourage you to develop problem-solving, decision-making, resource-finding, and metacognitive skills to help you become an independent learner.