A team of tutors is ready to assist you in Math, Chemistry & Physics through the Academic Success Center. Hop into our Zoom rooms to ask questions and to study with other students taking similar courses. No appointment is needed but you will register via Zoom so we have a record of your attendance.
Drop-in tutoring is available for:
- Math 107, 108, 111, 114, 121, 131, 141, 231, 241, 242
- Chemistry 100, 101, 111, 201, 220, 221, 223
- Physics 131, 205, 208, 211, 212
Spring 2021 Drop-in Hours:
Please join Drop-In tutoring via Zoom. The meeting host will greet you and place you in the breakout room that matches the course you are seeking help for.
|Hours of Operation||Zoom Link|
|Thursday, April 15th (Wellness Day): Closed|
|Mondays-Thursdays: 5-8pm||Zoom Registration|
What to Expect in Online Drop-In Tutoring
- You will need to register before you can enter the Zoom Drop-In tutoring. This allows us to track which classes students are receiving help for each night.
- You can “stop by” the Drop-In Zoom room anytime during our scheduled drop-in hours.
- Once you have logged in with your Unity ID, you will start in the Zoom Meeting’s waiting room
- Our Zoom Host will let you into the main Zoom Room and greet you. You will then be placed in a break-out room based on the course you want help in.
- Note, if you are using a Chromebook, you may not be able to use the break-out room feature and may need to remain in the main Zoom Room
- When not interacting with your tutor or other students in your break-out room, we encourage you to mute yourself
- We encourage you to work with the other students in your breakout room by asking questions out loud or via the chat box.
- If you need help from a tutor, please click the “Ask for Help” button in your breakout room. A tutor will be with you as soon as they are able. The tutors will also occasionally appear in breakout rooms to see if anyone needs assistance.
Even if you don’t have specific questions, feel free to use drop-in tutoring as a virtual study space. You are welcome to hang out until you do have questions to ask.
- Use your NCSU email to register for each drop-in tutoring session you attend
- Bring and prepare your materials (textbook, notes, calculator, homework).
- Ask tutors for help after you have tried to solve the problem on your own. Be prepared to share your work with the tutor.
- Do not expect for assistance on WebAssign homework within 2 hours of when it is due since tutors can not adequately help students on assignments at the last minute.
- Uphold the University’s academic integrity policies at all time. Violations will result in losing your privilege to use ASC services.
What to Expect from Our Tutors:
- Tutors are good students who want to help you, but they are not experts and may not have all the answers right away! Please help them help you by preparing ahead of time.
- Tutors will give priority to students who are prepared with specific questions.
- Tutors will listen to your concerns, as well as offer guiding feedback and suggestions. They will not do your work for you and are not responsible for your final answer.
- Tutors will encourage you to develop problem-solving, decision-making, resource-finding, and metacognitive skills to help you become an independent learner.